The Design Team is excited to talk about the Prairie Home Style this month.
Frank Lloyd Wright started this style. He dominated the architectural scene for the first half of the 20th century. His total impact is yet to be fully measured. Unlike many contemporary architects, he was very interested in the home design and how to improve the organization of space.
- Prairie Home Style Characteristics:
- Emphasis on horizontal lines
- Wide overhangs
- 1 or 2 stories and some 3
- 4/12 slope
- Hip or gable roof
- Brick or stucco (sometimes both)
- Casement window
- Some leaded glass windows
- Many casement windows together
- Clean lines
- Build from 1895 to 1940
- Did not use a 6 panel door
- No small grids
- Some stone
If you are interested in hearing more about the Prairie style home, call The Design Team at 888-275-7732 for your free consultation. We are excited to meet with you and to see if a Prairie Style home meets your needs and your lifestyle. To find out more about The Design Team’s process, visit.