The Design Team has received a lot of interest in the Victorian home style in recent months, so this month the Home Style of the Month is “Gothic”.
Most of the Victorian Gothic houses were built after the Civil War. The Gothic style was based on the Gothic churches of Europe which are still standing today.
- Some Gothic Home Style Characteristics Include:
- 12/12 to 16/12 roof slope
- Pointed arched window
- Tall double-hung windows
- Stucco, brick or stone and some 6” lap siding
- Carpenters lace, gingerbread
- Occasionally turrets were used
- Stained glass
- Bay windows
- Gable roof
- 2 or 3 stories
- Gothic window in door
- About a 1’ overhang
Are you interested in the Gothic home style? Contact The Design Team (St. Cloud, MN) 888-275-7732 for more information on Gothic home style influences and to see if the Gothic home style is right for you and your lifestyle.