We are Hiring! Residential Designer/ Drafter - Saint Cloud, MN Full-time - Salary: $16.00/hour to $20.00/hour
JOB TITLE: DRAFTER
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Betsy Rakotz
BASIC FUNCTION: Support Design staff; Prepare detailed construction documents primarily of residential single family & twin homes including floor plans, foundation plans, elevations, sections, roof plans and site plans using Revit software.
- AAS degree or diploma in Architectural Technology
- 2 year drafting experience desired; Revit & AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Education will be considered as experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of residential building materials & practices including:
- Foundation systems
- Wall framing systems
- Floor systems
- Roof systems
- Understanding of structural components, and placement of beams, headers & girders
- High level of creative problem solving skills
- Understanding of the IRC (International Residential Code) and ability to research code requirements
- Ability to research and detail alternate construction methods & details such as energy saving technologies
- Ability to communicate with clients, contractors, subcontractors & inspectors
- Document conversations & attend occasional client meetings
- Assist on site visits and measuring of existing conditions on remodel projects
- Ability to manage and organize work to meet deadlines
- Revit & AutoCAD experience Basic computer skills required
- Work Trade Shows (several weekends per year required)
- Attend trade shows, training seminars, builders association meetings or similar events
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- May be required to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 25 lbs.
- Site visits may require walking, stretching, twisting or other positions to get required measurements
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- Driver’s license required.