Style of the Month....The Cotswold
The Design Team offers St. Cloud and all other areas beautiful home plans in a variety of styles. If you are looking for a traditional design that never goes out of style, you may want to consider our design of the month, the Cotswold.
The Cotswold design dates back to its origins in the Cotswold hills of England, back around 1066 at the time of the Norman Conquest. Though originally built mostly by less well-off members of society, this romantic design carried across the ocean and gained popularity in the U.S. in the 1920s and 1930s.
- brick, stone and stucco (more than Elizabethan tudor)
- casement windows
- some of the time half timbers were used
- some wood lap siding (8") on gable ends
- gable and hip roof
- small pane windows (diamond or square)
- smaller than Elizabethan style
- chimney pots
- large chimneys
- round or arch type door (many panels) or plank
- more stucco used than on the Elizabethan
- 7 x 9 garage door
Call the Design Team today (St. Cloud, MN) and discuss whether the Cotswold may be the perfect design for you! Remember that the Design Team has our designers right on staff to help you plot and make variations on any traditional design you may want to explore. We look forward to meeting you!