Want to join our team?
The Design Team is always interested in meeting talented individuals who would bring their skill and passion to the table. We proudly work with homeowners, contractors, lumberyards, and realtors to develop residential designs that match the vision of our clients. Simply get in touch to apply in general, and learn more about our specific openings below. The Design Team is a great place to grow an exciting career, and is an equal opportunity employer.
DO NOT USE OR DELETE THIS TAB
This tab does not display on the page. It is here to keep all the tabs closed.
Residential Designer/ Drafter – Saint Cloud, MN Full-time
BASIC FUNCTION: Support Design staff; Prepare detailed construction documents primarily of residential single family & twin homes including floor plans, foundation plans, elevations, sections, roof plans and site plans using Revit software.
- AAS degree or diploma in Architectural Technology
- 2 year drafting experience desired; Revit & AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Education will be considered as experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of residential building materials & practices including:
- Foundation systems
- Wall framing systems
- Floor systems
- Roof systems
- Understanding of structural components, and placement of beams, headers & girders
- High level of creative problem solving skills
- Understanding of the IRC (International Residential Code) and ability to research code requirements
- Ability to research and detail alternate construction methods & details such as energy saving technologies
- Ability to communicate with clients, contractors, subcontractors & inspectors
- Document conversations & attend occasional client meetings
- Assist on site visits and measuring of existing conditions on remodel projects
- Ability to manage and organize work to meet deadlines
- Revit & AutoCAD experience Basic computer skills required
- Work Trade Shows (several weekends per year required)
- Attend trade shows, training seminars, builders association meetings or similar events
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- May be required to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 25 lbs.
- Site visits may require walking, stretching, twisting or other positions to get required measurements
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- Driver’s license required.